Network Project Engineer
Job Purpose As a result of our continued year on year growth we need to expand our Network Delivery Team (NDT) and are therefore looking to recruit an experienced Network Project Engineer.
Working as part of a customer facing delivery team you will be responsible for provisioning services and delivering customer projects providing end-to-end solutions comprising of WAN, LAN, WLAN & Security. This role requires the delivery of network services from our Data Centres though to customers sites over our service provider infrastructure. Integrating these solutions with other services such as public cloud, private cloud and collaboration.
Core Skills – Low level network design, implementation plans, acceptance testing plans, configuration design, cli device configuration, access switching, data centre switching, enterprise routing, WLAN, firewalls/security.
Core Vendors – Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Meraki
Desirable skills – Service provider routing (BGP), SD-WAN
Certifications/ability – Cisco CCNP and/or Juniper JNCIA and/or Fortinet NSE5 (or be able to demonstrate technical capability associated to these certifications)
This is a varied role working within both service provider and enterprise environments, across multiple device types and technologies, with market leading vendors in a technology led business. The role varies from project to project from small scale DC solutions to large scale SD-WANs comparising of multiple technical teams to deliver platform solutions.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Technical lead and ownership for the delivery of network projects fulfilling customers’ requirements and meeting our standards – with a focus on outcome-based project delivery
- Provision of network services within our Data Centres, points of presence or to customer locations
- The provision of managed CPE which includes routers, switches, and firewalls – staging, upgrades, remote support for implementation, testing and handover to in life service
- The provision of managed network applications and virtual network appliances
- Manage work-in-progress deliverables including technical scope reviews, low level design documents, migration plans, risk analysis, network diagrams and handover documents
- Attend sales handover & project handover calls to understand deliverables
- Liaising with pre-sales, technical authorities, project managers, and customers to discuss projects – obtaining necessary technical information, and implementation of services and testing
- Mentoring of network provisioning engineers, and act as a technical escalation for those engineers
- To ensure exceptional quality consistent with network project delivery
- To ensure that all delivery activities adhere to our security and operational processes and policies
- To be a consummate technology professional upholding and re-enforcing the professional culture and standards working to ensure compliance with agreed service level agreements, operational level agreements, and professional conduct
- Out of office hours working, and/or offset working hours, will be required to support business needs
- On site visits may be required to support business needs
Person Specification To carry out the role effectively it is important to demonstrate, have and maintain the following attributes:
- Confident, self-assured ability to communicate effectively with technical and non- technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical ability to support complex problem solving and presentation of issues and solutions into focused, structured content for both technical and non- technical audiences
- Exceptional customer facing skills that promote a positive, collaborative, and productive professional relationship
- Demonstrable professional experience with multiple networking technologies at an advanced professional specialism in at least one technology, including evidenced delivery and operational support experience with varied and complex environments and critical infrastructure with demanding SLAs
- Evidenced direct ownership responsibility for network projects delivering against critical success factors
- Experience with popular networking technologies in service provider and enterprise environments
- Evidenced comprehensive design, implementation, configuration & support of service provider and enterprise networks
Experience of working in regulated change management environments based on ITIL principles